Wedding Bliss

Friday, February 3, 2017

Hey ya'll! I feel like it's been a lifetime since I made a post. Mostly because it has. I promise I have a good reason though. The last couple of months I have been focused on school and planning my entire wedding. And yes, I'm somehow still alive and didn't flunk out. Jess and I got married on December 17, which was two days after my last final of fall semester. I took my last final Thursday morning and drove home to GA right after. 



I had my bridesmaids luncheon Friday morning and the rehearsal dinner Friday night. So needless to say, it was a tight squeeze fitting everything in, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Here's a few pictures from the bridesmaids luncheon and the rehearsal dinner!


I want to have a shoutout for all my amazing bridesmaids. They not only woke up extremely early Saturday morning for H&M, but some took off work Friday for the luncheon and rehearsal dinner. I'm so thankful for each and every one of these ladies and all they did to make my wedding special! 
The dress I'm wearing is here.


Here's a quick snap of Jess and I at the rehearsal dinner. I was too busy talking to everyone that I almost forgot to get a picture. I got this dress on Black Friday from Lulus for $30!!! Isn't that crazy!?  It's sold out now but here is a similar one. 


Here's a picture of the back of the dress I wore to the rehearsal dinner. I love love love the back of it. Maybe we will go somewhere warm for one of our anniversaries and I can break it back out. 

Our wedding was everything I had dreamed of and more. We felt so blessed by everyone who came to love and support us. I had been worried for months that it was going to be 35 degrees and everyone was going to freeze, but turns out it was the opposite. I should have known better. It ended up being 75 degrees and was an absolutely beautiful day. I couldn't have asked for anything better. We got married at the Bateman Barn in Sasser, GA.




I am literally cheesing so hard in this picture and I love it! The song we walked back down the aisle to was Hall and Oats "You Make My Dreams Come True." It was so perfect! Jess walked out to this song when he played baseball at UGA. 

After the ceremony, we went straight into the reception which was also held at the barn. We had a tent set up to one side where our band, The Grapevine, was ready to go! If you are looking for a band for your wedding or event, I highly recommend them. They do such a good job of getting the crowd involved and making you want to get up and dance. 

We capped off a perfect wedding with our honeymoon trip to St. Lucia. We left at 10:00 the night of and headed to ATL and stayed in a hotel. We flew out the next morning and stayed for a week. It was our first time out of the country and we were so excited. St. Lucia was absolutely breathtaking and the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We stayed at Sandals La Toc in Castries and loved every minute of it. Sandals actually has 3 resorts in St. Lucia and they have it set up where you can go to any of the resorts and eat, drink etc. for the price of one resort. I'll do a separate post all about our experience at Sandals. 


This was the view from our room!


The mountains in the background are the Pitons which St. Lucia is known for. We took a boat tour to these one day instead of driving because it would have taken about 1.5 hour drive and the boat ride was only about 30 minutes. This was definitely one of my favorite days. 


This was after lunch on our tour day. We ate right here on this beach facing the Pitons.


This was our last day and of course I had to snap a pic!


Thank you so much for reading. I'll be back with more of our wedding pictures soon! I just got them back and can't wait to share them all with you. 

xoxo, Abigail 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)