Spring Cleaning + A Review of We Love Eyes

Monday, May 22, 2017

I'm back today with a post ALL about spring cleaning. This isn't going to be a boring post about how I clean my house... let's face it... I haven't mastered that yet. But instead I'm here to show you how I've been taking care of my skin and removing my makeup. Most of these products are long time favorites but a few are new and are knocking me off my feet, so I had to share. 



First up, my most recently discovered product: the We Love Eyes Makeup Removing Oil + Foaming Cleanser. I've been using this about 1 month and I can't say enough good things about it. I'll be honest, before I was just using my face wash to scrub the mascara and eyeshadow off my eyes at night but I wasn't really getting all of it off like I needed to. After I discovered this line of products, I was so excited to try it out because it claims to be non-toxic and all natural, plus the founder of the company is an optometrist. Dr. Tanya Gill created this line because she kept seeing patients who were suffering from red and inflamed eyes. She thought maybe there was something in makeup removers that could be irritating the delicate skin around your eyes. After doing research, she found that there were no makeup removers that were non-toxic and made specifically for your eyes. Hence, We Love Eyes was born... literally in her kitchen with the help of her trusty organic chemistry knowledge from undergrad. Seriously Dr. Gill, I'd like to forget O-Chem was ever a thing so props to you girlfrand!



The first product I tried from the line was the makeup removing oil. This product claims to dissolve your eye makeup without using harsh chemicals. The only ingredients in this remover is jojoba seed oil, grape seed oil, and tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has a TON of great uses for hygiene and your household, but it's really great for it's natural ability to kill bacteria and demodex mites. You probably know that we have bacteria all over our bodies and our eyelids and lashes aren't exempt from that. You can get a buildup of bacteria from not washing your lids well enough or not removing your makeup before going to bed. This can cause redness, itching, and irritation. Also, you can get demodex mites that love to live in and infest your eyelash follicles. These are more common in adults and you are 7-8x more likely to get demodex mites if you have rosacea. This can also cause itching and even loss of lashes. So if you get styes a lot or have rosacea, it may be time to try out some tea tree oil to get rid of the bacteria or mites.



The next product I tried was the foaming cleanser. This is meant to be used after the oil mentioned above and is basically a cleanser for your lids and lashes. This product can even be used on false lashes. I don't personally wear false lashes on a day-to-day basis. Tbh, I've only ever worn them when I've had my makeup professionally done... but if you wear false lashes and try to get more than one use out of them, this cleanser will help your falsies last as long as possible without damaging them. Even if I don't have time to use the oil every night, I put 1-2 pumps of the cleanser on my fingertips, rub it between both hands and apply to my eyelids and lashes. I gently rub and make sure I get rid of all my eye makeup and any debris that may have collected during the day. I LOVE this step because a lot of times my Philosophy cleanser doesn't get all of my eye makeup off, and if its pushing 1 AM after a long few hours of studying, I need the quickest and best way to remove my makeup before literally falling in bed. This stuff really does it for me and I'm super impressed. The only negative I have has to do with the smell of the foaming cleanser. It definitely doesn't smell good, but I don't mind because it's cleaned my lashes better than any other eye makeup remover I've tried.

The next few products are favorites of mine:



I have been using this philosophy cleanser for at least 4 years now. I love how it removes ALL of my makeup and I even use it to clean my makeup brushes. I keep a smaller bottle in my shower and it makes it really easy to remove my makeup in the shower every night.



I ordered the Rodan and Fields Redefine regimen last summer and have been using it ever since. This regimen has helped even my skin tone and get rid of redness. I love love love the Daily Cleansing Mask. It makes my skin feel so soft. I follow up with the Pore Minimizing Toner, then apply either the day or night cream. Since I'm getting older and have been dealing with stress and long days and nights of studying, I've been trying to care more about my skin and using products that are anti-aging. I definitely recommend Rodan and Fields. If you are prone to acne breakouts, I suggest trying the Unblemish Regimen.

These few products comprise my daily morning/night routine and I can tell a huge difference in my skin when I'm not using these like I should. Hopefully soon after second year ends, I'll be able to get more sleep and my skin will start to look even better. A girl can dream right??

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo, Abby Posey

2 comments:

  1. As a long time follower,and a Rodan + Fields consultant, I'm so excited to hear that you are loving the Redefine Regimen!! It is the one I use daily and it has transformed my dry, textured skin!

    Should any of your followers need some Rodan + Fields help with questions or purchasing, here is my website: tommiwest.myrandf.com

    Love the content girl, keep it coming! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will acknowledge, that quite a few parts of your abode are difficult to clean up. Think of your dust applying for between tiles, or a grime to the walls within your bathroom, or sheets of dirt against your kitchen cabinetry. Considering a expertise plus manual labour mixed up in cleaning approach, it is wise to hunt deep cleaning up service around UAE out of Experts. residential cleaning dubai

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)